Saturday, August 25, 2012

Selflessness

I started a series about two years ago, by Traci Abramson, and I must say she is my favorite author right now. She writes in a way that just captures me and every time I open the books I become apart of the battlefield or love. These books are about six navy seals that find who they are and their other half's.
 
 These men are selfless they give complete strangers everything they have they even put their lives on the line more than once for people they have known for only minutes. These men also are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I just find that I want to be more like them. I want to be selfless in my giving, I want to give all that I have with no regret to the stranger on the street. I want to save a life. I may not be able to take a bullet for them but I can bring them the Gospel, I can share my Testimony selflessly.

I accept the challenge that these fictional characters have brought to my attention. That is to be selfless. I am going to give this life everything I have. I am going to save lives and give the clothes of my back, weather the Lord wants me to literally or figuratively I am ready and prepared to give all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment